Nomination of AEWA National CEPA Focal Points
The 5th Meeting of the Parties to AEWA (MOP5) adopted Resolution 5.5 – Implementation and Revision of the Communication Strategy - which invites all Contracting Parties to nominate suitable National Focal Point for Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA), either from the governmental or non-governmental sector.
In accordance with Resolution 5.5, the UNEP/AEWA Secretariat would appreciate if AEWA Contracting Parties could appoint a National Focal Point to act as an official channel for all CEPA related matters.
Countries which are a Contracting Party to AEWA as well as the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands could consider appointing the same CEPA Focal Point for both AEWA and Ramsar. In case the CEPA Focal Points are different a close cooperation between the two would be desirable.
Completed AEWA CEPA Focal Point designation forms should be submitted to the UNEP/AEWA Secretariat either per email: email@example.com
or via Fax: +49 228 815 2450
or by regular mail to:
c/o CEPA Focal Point Nomination
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
Further Information & Resources:
- List of AEWA CEPA Focal Points (as of 18 September 2020)
- Roles and Responsibilities CEPA Focal Points
- AEWA Communication Strategy (as adopted by MOP6)
- Resolution 6.10: Communication Strategy
- Resolution 5.5: Implementation and Revision of the Communication Strategy
- Manual for the National Focal Points for CMS and its Instruments [EN] [FR] [SP]