Nomination of AEWA National CEPA Focal Points
The 5th Meeting of the Parties to AEWA (MOP5) adopted Resolution 5.5 – Implementation and Revision of the Communication Strategy - which “invites all Contracting Parties to nominate, by 31 December 2012, a suitable National Focal Point for Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA), either from the governmental or non-governmental sector”.
In accordance with Resolution 5.5, the UNEP/AEWA Secretariat would appreciate if AEWA Contracting Parties could appoint a National Focal Point to act as an official channel for all CEPA related matters by 31 December 2012*.
Countries which are a Contracting Party to AEWA as well as the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands could consider appointing the same CEPA Focal Point for both AEWA and Ramsar. In case the CEPA Focal Points are different a close cooperation between the two would be desirable.
Completed AEWA CEPA Focal Point designation forms should be submitted to the UNEP/AEWA Secretariat either per email: email@example.com
or via Fax: +49 228 815 2450
or by regular mail to:
c/o CEPA Focal Point Nomination
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
Other relevant information on CEPA:
- List of AEWA CEPA Focal Points (as of 13 June 2017)
- CEPA Focal Point Designation Form (word)
- CEPA Focal Point Designation Form (PDF)
- Roles and Responsibilities CEPA Focal Points
- Manual for the National Focal Points for CMS and its Instruments [EN] [FR] [SP]
- Link to the CMS Family NFP e-community
- Resolution 6.10: Communication Strategy
- AEWA Communication Strategy (as adopted by MOP6)
* Although the deadline has passed, the UNEP/AEWA Secretariat still accepts nominations.